Modern Fence & Supply Co.'s History - Serving NW Arkansas since 1950
In 1950, Vernard Leroy Milligan opened Modern Fence & Supply Co. in Fort Smith, Arkansas at a small office on North ‘B’ Street. He recognized a consumer need for a new product made from galvanized weaved wire fence or what they termed at that time ‘cyclone fence’ in Northwest Arkansas. His son, Roy J. Milligan had just put a chain link fence at his house in Tulsa, and Vernard was convinced that the new type of fence was a good economical way for people to add security and protection to their homes here in Arkansas. Roy joined his father in the business in 1955 and they continued to build the business, opening an office in Fayetteville near the town square in 1960. Modern Fence & Supply Company operated out of Fayetteville and grew with NW Arkansas over the next 45 years with Roy’s son-in-law, Cotton Presley managing . The fence tags can still be seen on fences dating back to the early 1960’s. The company outgrew its long time location on Hwy 62 across from Wal-Mart and moved in 2005 to a much larger facility in the Springdale Industrial Park off Hwy 265.
In May 2016 the Milligan Family sold the business to Mike McFarland & Rick Barrows. Under their leadership Modern Fence & Supply Co. will continue its dedication to excellence. In 2017, we merged the operation of Accent Fence and welcomed Don to the Modern Fence Family.
We are proud of our longstanding history of providing quality fencing solutions and exceptional customer service to meet the needs of our customers. We've been serving Arkansas for decades. Modern Fence & Supply Co. has experienced, trained, professional installation crews. From custom fences to chain link and cyclone fence, we service it all – contact us for free estimates.